Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Julian Assange And The Price For Free Speech

BREAKING- Julian Assange has been freed after years in prison, defiant to the very end: Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, has just pleaded guilty to violating the Espionage Act in the U.S. territory of Saipan.

Back then, despite his plea, Assange stood firm, asserting he was acting as a journalist protected by the First Amendment, highlighting the contradiction between the First Amendment and the Espionage Act.

Assange said, "Working as a journalist, I encouraged my source to provide information that was said to be classified in order to publish that information. I believe the First Amendment protected that." I believe

"I accept it’s a violation of an espionage statute.

“I believe the First Amendment and the Espionage Act are in contradiction of each other, but I accept that it would be difficult to win such a case given all the circumstances."

When a judge asked if he was satisfied with the outcome, Julian Assange quipped: "It might depend on the outcome." Join Africa Choice Here for free

Julian Assange's lawyer added: "No pressure, your honor."

The plea follows his organization's publication of classified military and diplomatic documents in the year 2010. Assange's court appearance in Saipan marks a significant moment before his expected extradition to Australia.

From there, he was previously detained after seeking asylum in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for nearly seven years.

Assange faced charges from Swedish authorities for sexual assault in 2010, which he denied. He sought asylum in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London and was detained by British authorities in 2019 after being ousted from the embassy.

Following his court hearing in Saipan, Assange is expected to be extradited to his native Australia. His case involves multiple countries, including the United States, Britain, Sweden, Ecuador, and Australia.

Julian Assange is crowdfunding the costs of his repatriation to Australia, with the target set at 520,000 British pounds.

While most social media community users said he was guilty of speaking the truth… It seems like America is falling, Assange spent 1901 days at the Belmarsh maximum security prison for exposing the 'WARMONGERS' before he was released. Join Africa Choice here and become a community reporter, write, post, and be read all over the world. Stay on
Julian-Assange-And-The-Price-For-Free-Speech.png

It will also interest you to know after Assange's release, Australian human rights lawyer and barrister who represented Julian Assange, named Jen Robinson with the Twitter handler (@suigenerisjen), wrote, "We did it.

This came after 14 years of legal battles, we are finally bringing him back home to Australia to reunite with his family Wife Stella Assange @Stella_Assange, and friend

His children have missed him so much— as they rejoice in restoring his life. So many people to thank—details to follow. Eagerly anticipating our touchdown in 🇦🇺" with the below photo shared on Twitter X. The Human rights activist shared

Julian Assange Human right Jen Robinson, AfricaChoice.jpg

In everything you do, pray that God blesses you with a Good wife, here is the moment Assange met his lovely wife 14 years after. THE KISS, The moment Julian Assange meets his beloved wife Stella Assange! The beauty of marrying a good wife. Such a great moment. Watch the photo footage below

Julian Assange kiss wife Stella Assange.jpg